Tuesday 7 September 2010

Getting a Mobile Phone

Yesterday, with the help of my lovely unit mates, I went to get my alien registration form changed, since they did it wrong the first time. It now says I'll be able to stay in Japan for 1 year and three months. This meant I could go get a mobile phone ^.^!

First we went to Softbank because Laura wanted to get her phone from there, she got a cute little white one. Afterwards we headed to au so I could get my phone, this took quite a bit longer because there was a big queue. We passed the time by reading some magazines, I was surprised at the nudity in some of them but I guess they were gossip magazines lol. Then finally it was time for me to get my phone :)!!

Its sooo cute!

I just got one of the 0円 phones, because I didn't want to pay much but I'm really happy with how it looks. I went for an unlimited mailing package. The plan itself is costing me about 1,000yen per month (just under £8). I have to pay around 20yen per 30seconds if I want to make a phonecall but I don't think I'll be doing that very often so I dont mind paying every now and then. I'll also have to pay a cancellation fee before I leave Japan because I'm signed up to a two year contract, but it really is the cheapest option so I don't mind. I'm just really happy to be able to text (or I guess, mail) people, yaay!

No comments:

Post a Comment